Thursday, February 19, 2009

Thougts about The Chelsea Girls

I thought the Warhol's Cheslea Girls to interesting. The split screen at first was neat the way he did it, with a woman on the left and someone speaking on the right. Then I found myself ignoring the left side of the screen and focusing more on the right. I did that until I did not enjoy what I was watching on the right side, then I would look to the left side. The "pope" sequence was entertaining to me until he started to freak out on the woman. Once he threw the water on her, I starting thinking is this staged or not. Then when he hit her, and her reaction to him looked pretty real to me. Thats when first I thought, if a man ever hit me, I would be the kind of person to hit him back, and then I look to the left of the screen to see what the woman alone was doing. The "pope" was an odd character, and was neat to watch because I kept thinking is this guy for real? I don't know if I would have liked the film for its full duration of time, I thought an hour, fifty minutes was enough to see what the film was about.

1 comment: